You can add any text you like that consists of 8 characters or less besides the clock on the start menu bar. This will replace the AM or PM next to the system time. Do not use this tip if you are using any software during the trial period as it will corrupt the trial license. To add the text of your choice follow the steps given below:
- Goto Start–>Run. Type regedit and press enter.
- Navigate to the following registry key: KEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\International.
- Add two new String values, “s1159” and “s2359”.
- Most probably those keys will be already present. If it is not there then create them.
- Right click the value name and modify.
- Enter anything you like up to 8 characters.
- If you enter two different values when modifying, you can have the system tray display the two different values in the AM and PM.