If you don’t want the same old blue log on screen for your Windows Vista, here’s what you gotta do. Go ahead with the steps below.
- Step 1: Download the file – http://www.mediafire.com/?e9y3j3vme0w
- Step 2: Click on Save and save the .zip file to the desktop
- Step 3: Open the .zip file and extract the .reg file to the desktop
- Step 4: Right click the .reg file (On Desktop) and click on Merge.
- Step 5: Click on Run, and press Yes, Yes, and OK when prompted
- Step 6: Save the custom .jpg image you want to use to the desktop with the name backgroundDefault.jpg
- Step 7: Check to see what your primary display screen resolution is. (You can do it by right clicking on any empty space on your desktop and choose screen resolution and then actuate it with your monitor’s specification.)
- Step 8: Open Paint, and click on the File icon (top left corner), Open, and navigate to and select the .jpg image from step 6. [NOTE: You can open Paint by typing mspaint.exe in the Start menu search line]
- Step 9: In Paint, click on Resize, dot Pixels, uncheck Maintain aspect ratio, then resize the .jpg image to the screen resolution size in step 7 (whatever be yours)
- Step 10:Save the .jpg file to the desktop with the exact file name below with the screen resolution size of the image. When completed, close Paint
- Step 11: In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:Windowssystem32oobeinfobackgrounds
- Step 12: Copy and Paste the .jpg files from step 10, and from step 6 into the C:Windowssystem32oobeinfobackgrounds folder, then close the window
- Step 13: You’re logon screen is now changed. You can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to test it. Click on Cancel to return to the desktop.
[NOTE: You can now delete the .reg and .zip files on the desktop if you like.]