- Fixed networklocation.apk
- Removed AOSP music for Google Music
- Included OI File Manager
- Removed phonesky.apk
- Removed Google+ (get it from the market)
- New Platypus Kernel
- Fully implemented Live OC into Platypus Kernel (Get NS Tools from market)
- Slow USB transfer speed FIXED
- All sensors are now working perfectly
- Videos will now save when stopping recording
- 720p recording improved
- External SD corruption fixed
- Camera now has Touch to Focus
- Camera Zoom now works
- You can now choose the USB protocol (settings>storage>press menu>”USB computer connection”)
Some pre-requisites to be followed are:
- Taking the back-up: This is a must thing that should be done. Get into Clockworkmod Recovery and select backup. It would take around 10 minutes to complete the backup. Please make sure that the battery is fully charged.
- Alternatively, you can take the back up of only the apps using Astro File Manager or Titanium Backup which are freely available in the android market.
- Also, to take up the backup of sms and call logs you may use SMS Backup+ which again is freely available in android market. It syncs your call logs and sms as labels to your gmail account.
Now, for the new ICS RC3.1, the following downloads should be made:
- ROM for GT I9000: GT-i9000 Galaxy S
- ROM for I9000b: GT-i9000B Galaxy S
- ROM for Vibrant: SGH-t959 Vibrant
- ROM for Captivate: SGH-i897 Captivate
Copy the respective ROM as well as the SuperUser to the root folder of your Internal SD Card.
—Make sure the the device has 100% battery so that, there aren’t any problems during the flashing—
To enter into recovery mode one needs to press the three button combo:
IF YOU ARE FLASHING FOR THE FIRST TIME: (You should be able to flash this on top any ROM, but some people report flashing over CM7 works better)
In case you have already rooted, then you can straight away follow the steps:
- Get into Recovery Mode
- Wipe data/factory reset (NO NEED TO WIPE anything else like cache or dalvik cache)
- Flash the ROM
- When phone is booting, remove and reinsert battery, go into recovery, “wipe data/factory reset” again, then reboot
- Wait for phone to boot. Should take a maximum of 5 minutes. If you get into a bootloop after these steps, redo the above steps.
- Note that first run may take a couple of minutes!
INCASE YOU ARE COMING FROM PREVIOUS ICS VERSIONS:
- Get into Recovery Mode
- Flash the ROM once
- If the phone gets stuck at the boot animation for a long time (more than 6-7 minutes), remove and reinsert battery, go into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, then reboot.
If you have actually read and tried all these instructions and are still stuck PLEASE POST YOUR PROBLEMS IN THE COMMENTS SECTION AND THEY WILL GET ADDRESSED ASAP.