We now have the RC4.1 of Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 by Team ICSSGS (Previously known as Onecosmic’s Port) for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 (International), I9000b, Captivate & Vibrant. The major changes in this release are:
- Blurryness Fixed
- Wifi/Data Issue Resolved (Problem in RC4)
- Implemented SIO, VR, Deadline I/O schedulers
- SIO is now the default I/O scheduler
- Google keyboard(Faster and comes from Google themselves)
- Galaxy Nexus kernel splash, clean Google logo
- Removed doubled busybox
- Sharpened up bootanimation
- ROM cleanup
- Removed WiFix Manager cover up the wifi issues
- Notable increase in speed \o/
- Changed RIL code to CM one, cleaner code implementation
- New updater script which to prevent issues when flashing
- In browser, ‘Exit to car mode’ now fixed to ‘Find on Page’
- Deep idle working with framework integration
- 100MHz now works
- Application purchase from Android Market now possible
- All video effects working flawlessly in Camera now!!
- Pictures editing in Gallery works now
- Screen flicker upon lock is now gone
- Odexed optimisation
- Battery Life eXtender
- Slightly tweaked read ahead values
- Sztupy’s USB OTG V5 (YES, Now connect external HDDs, Flash Drives or even your DSLRs to the phone via USB just as Galaxy S II)
- WiFi fix for those with issues with wifi not working with screen off
- Unstable voltages fixed
- Facebook sync works now
- USB Transfer Speed fixed
- Back to AOSP Music
Some pre-requisites to be followed are:
- Taking the back-up: This is a must thing that should be done. Get into Clockworkmod Recovery and select backup. It would take around 10 minutes to complete the backup. Please make sure that the battery is fully charged.
- Alternatively, you can take the back up of only the apps using Astro File Manager or Titanium Backup which are freely available in the android market.
- Also, to take up the backup of sms and call logs you may use SMS Backup+ which again is freely available in android market. It syncs your call logs and sms as labels to your gmail account.
- Root users can make a nandroid backup using the Clockworkmod Recovery App.
- If you have encrypted your phone, please remove the encryption before flashing. It might cause problems.
Now, for the Installation of the ICS 4.0.3 RC4.1, the following downloads must be made and copied to the root folder of the phone:
- ROM for GT I9000: ICS_4.0.3_MR1-RC4.1_I9000_2.zip / GT-i9000 Mirror
- ROM for GT I9000b: ICS_4.0.3_MR1-RC4.1_I9000B.zip / GT-i9000B Mirror
- ROM for SGH-t959 Vibrant: ICS_4.0.3_MR1-RC4.1_Vibrant.zip / SGH-t959 Vibrant Mirror
- ROM for SGH-i897 Captivate: ICS_4.0.3_MR1-RC4.1_Captivate.zip
—Make sure the the device has 100% battery so that, there aren’t any problems during the flashing—
Now, to flash this ROM, it is necessary that your current ROM is a rooted one. If not, then please head here to install Android 2.3.6 and root it from here. Then, you may continue installing ICS by doing the following:
To enter into recovery mode one needs to press the three button combo:
- Get into Recovery Mode
- Clean Cache and do Factory reset.
- Install ROM from sdcard. For this enter into the recovery, move to install zip from sdcard using the Volume Up/Down Keys, and click on the Home key to enter. Then select choose zip from sdcard and in the next screen navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- In case, the phone does not go past the boot screen, follow Step 1-3 again. That should solve the issue.
Some Know Issues:
- Lockscreen occasionally does not react to touch
- Formatting external sd formats internal
- Facebook sync pictures are low resolution
**PLEASE NOTE THAT TRYING TO FORMAT THE EXTERNAL SD CARD WILL NOT FORMAT IT BUT INSTEAD IT WILL FORMAT THE INTERNAL MEMORY CARD**
If you have actually read and tried all these instructions and are still stuck PLEASE POST YOUR PROBLEMS IN IN THE COMMENTS SECTION AND THEY WILL GET ADDRESSED ASAP.