Just a day after posting the tutorial for the installation of the new leaked ROM based on Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 known as Dark Knight for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 (International), here is the updated release of the same. The change log for Dark Knight 1.0 is:
- USB mass storage.
- File manager added.
- Bootloader option removed from power menu. [Unessential]
- Notification widgets removed. [because conflict with mounting USB, will be added new widget in future]
- Asop system UI and Settings.apk
Here are the features of this ROM:
- Very Fast System
- Zoom on camera
- init.d Support
- Touch to focus
- Voodoo Colour
- Themed APP
- Insert Busybox
- Tweaks in Build.prop
- Best battery life [NO Android OS BUG]
- WiFi Tethering
- HD 720p Video recording
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROM IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S GT I9000 (INTERNATIONAL) ONLY!!
To install this ROM, some pre-requisites to be followed are:
- Taking the back-up: You can take the back up of only the apps using Astro File Manager or Titanium Backup (Root Users) which are freely available in the android market.
- Also, to take up the backup of sms and call logs you may use SMS Backup+ which again is freely available in android market. It syncs your call logs and sms as labels to your gmail account.
- Root users can make a nandroid backup using the Clockworkmod Recovery App.
Now, for the Installation of Dark Knight 4.0.4, the following downloads must be made and copied to the root folder of the phone:
—Make sure the the device has 100% battery so that, there aren’t any problems during the flashing—
Now, to flash this ROM, it is necessary that your current ROM is a rooted one. If not, then please head here to install Android 2.3.6 and root it from here. Then, you may continue installing Dark Knight 4.0.4 by doing the following: To enter into recovery mode one needs to press the three button combo:
- Get into Recovery Mode
- Clean Cache and do Factory reset.
- Install ROM from sdcard. For this enter into the recovery, move to install zip from sdcard using the Volume Up/Down Keys, and click on the Home key to enter. Then select choose zip from sdcard and in the next screen navigate to the ROM file and select it.
WARNING: THIS ROM IS IN ITS DEVELOPMENT STAGE AND MAY NOT BE FULLY FUNCTIONAL. SO THERE ARE ALL THE CHANCES OF HAVING INSTANCES WHEN WIFI/DATA DOESN’T WORK. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS ISSUE FIRST AND THEN INSTALL THE ROM.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT TRYING TO FORMAT THE EXTERNAL SD CARD WILL NOT FORMAT IT BUT INSTEAD IT WILL FORMAT THE INTERNAL MEMORY CARD**
If you have actually read and tried all these instructions and are still stuck PLEASE POST YOUR PROBLEMS IN IN THE COMMENTS SECTION AND THEY WILL GET ADDRESSED ASAP.