There has been yet another update with the newly ported ROM from the Nexus to Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 (International). The Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 ROM called the Dark Knight has gone into the v2.1 now. The changelog for the ROM over the previous version is:
- Full Fat Free ROM with all the unnecessary processes removed
- Full Init.d integration
- All new Semaphore 0.9.0 Kernel
- Custom Boot script
- Performance Booster
- Rill fix
- Very Fast System
- Zoom on camera
- init.d Support
- Touch to focus
- Voodoo Colour
- Themed APP
- Insert Busybox
- Tweaks in Build.prop
- Best battery life [NO Android OS BUG]
- WiFi Tethering
- HD 720p Video recording
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROM IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S GT I9000 (INTERNATIONAL) ONLY!!
To install this ROM, some pre-requisites to be followed are:
- Taking the back-up: You can take the back up of only the apps using Astro File Manager or Titanium Backup (Root Users) which are freely available in the android market.
- Also, to take up the backup of sms and call logs you may use SMS Backup+ which again is freely available in android market. It syncs your call logs and sms as labels to your gmail account.
- Root users can make a nandroid backup using the Clockworkmod Recovery App.
Now, for the Installation of Dark Knight 4.0.4, the following downloads must be made and copied to the root folder of the phone:
- ROM: Dark knight 2.1.zip
—Make sure the the device has 100% battery so that, there aren’t any problems during the flashing—
Now, to flash this ROM, it is necessary that your current ROM is a rooted one. If not, then please head here to install Android 2.3.6 and root it from here. Then, you may continue installing Dark Knight 4.0.4 by doing the following: To enter into recovery mode one needs to press the three button combo:
- Get into Recovery Mode
- Clean Cache and do Factory reset.
- Install ROM from sdcard. For this enter into the recovery, move to install zip from sdcard using the Volume Up/Down Keys, and click on the Home key to enter. Then select choose zip from sdcard and in the next screen navigate to the ROM file and select it.
WARNING: THIS ROM IS IN ITS DEVELOPMENT STAGE AND MAY NOT BE FULLY FUNCTIONAL. SO THERE ARE ALL THE CHANCES OF HAVING INSTANCES WHEN WIFI/DATA DOESN’T WORK. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS ISSUE FIRST AND THEN INSTALL THE ROM.
If you have actually read and tried all these instructions and are still stuck PLEASE POST YOUR PROBLEMS IN IN THE COMMENTS SECTION AND THEY WILL GET ADDRESSED ASAP.