Oneplus has today released an update for the One CM 11S 05Q which addresses several known issues as well as adds new features like Swiftkey & MaxxAudio by Wave. The complete list of changes can be viewed on the official Forum Page here.
This guide is being written keeping in mind the OnePlus users from India where, CyanogenMOD updates will no longer be released due to the exclusive rights distribution issue between OnePlus & Micromax. All those wishing to manually install the ROM can follow this tutorial. The best part here is that it neither requires Unlocked Bootloader nor a Root Access.
Disclaimer: Although this is a fool proof method of updating which doesn’t involve any unlocking of bootloader or rooting of the device, we do not take any responsibility in case of any issue. Please proceed with the steps below at your own risk.
- Download the ROM zip file from the url mentioned above.
- Rename the file to update.zip and paste it in the root folder of the device (\A0001\Internal storage)
- Next, we need to access the Developer Options on the device. Those who have it already enabled can skip to step 4 others follow on.
- To enable Developer Options go to Settings > About Phone
- Tap on the “Build Number” text multiple times until a pop notifies that Developer Options have been enabled.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options, and turn it on, and ensure that the following items have a check mark against them:
- Advanced Reboot
- Android Debugging
- Most Important: Ensure that the battery level is at least 50% before moving to next step to flash the ROM
- Press and hold the Power Button to access the Power Menu.
- Select “Reboot” > “Recovery” > OK
- The phone will now boot into the Recovery Mode.
- In the recovery mode, select “Apply Update” > “Choose from Internal Storage” > “0/” > “update.zip”
- Do not try to touch the screen until the update is installed and you are taken back to the default Recovery Mode screen.
- Next, click on “Reboot system now”
Voila! Your OPO is now updated to CM11S05Q!!