The RC4.2 of Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 by Team ICSSGS (Previously known as Onecosmic’s Port) for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 (International), I9000b, Captivate & Vibrant is now available. The main features of this ROM are:
- Based from the latest source code from Google themselves(Android 4.0.3)
- Full Google Apps suite
- Platypus as a kernel base
- init.d Support
- Full Hardware Acceleration
- Fully working RIL(Radio Interface Link = Calls / Texts / Data)
- Fully working Audio
- Touchscreen works perfectly
- Fully working Wi-Fi
- Fully working Bluetooth
- Both SD Cards (Internal & External) working
- Fully working Calendar sync
- Fully working Camera (Video Recording & Pictures)
- Touch to focus
- Panorama mode in Camera works
- Face Unlock
- Fully Working GPS
- Fully working Wired tethering
- Fully working Wireless tethering
- Fully working FM Radio(AOSP does not support FM, download Spirit FM from Android Market)
- Fully working sensors
- Live OC Support (download NSTools from Market)
- USBOTG Support (Connect your HDDs, DSLRs, etc… to your phone the way they are connected in Galaxy S II, Developement stage)
- Voodoo Sound
- Voodoo Colour
- Battery Life eXtender
- Deep Idle
The following are the major changes that took place from the previous release, RC 4.1:
- New fixed framework to include wifi fix without blur issues
- New script to specifically set EFS permissions (to fix people losing IMEI’s)
- Reverted back to the ICS quick search
- News & Weather widget restored
- Updated modem to JVU
Some pre-requisites to be followed are:
- Taking the back-up: This is a must thing that should be done. Get into Clockworkmod Recovery and select backup. It would take around 10 minutes to complete the backup. Please make sure that the battery is fully charged.
- Alternatively, you can take the back up of only the apps using Astro File Manager or Titanium Backup which are freely available in the android market.
- Also, to take up the backup of sms and call logs you may use SMS Backup+ which again is freely available in android market. It syncs your call logs and sms as labels to your gmail account.
- Root users can make a nandroid backup using the Clockworkmod Recovery App.
- If you have encrypted your phone, please remove the encryption before flashing. It might cause problems.
Now, for the Installation of the ICS 4.0.3 RC4.1, the following downloads must be made and copied to the root folder of the phone:
—Make sure the the device has 100% battery so that, there aren’t any problems during the flashing—
Now, to flash this ROM, it is necessary that your current ROM is a rooted one. If not, then please head here to install Android 2.3.6 and root it from here (For Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 only). Then, you may continue installing ICS by doing the following:
To enter into recovery mode one needs to press the three button combo:
- Get into Recovery Mode
- Clean Cache and do Factory reset.
- Install ROM from sdcard. For this enter into the recovery, move to install zip from sdcard using the Volume Up/Down Keys, and click on the Home key to enter. Then select choose zip from sdcard and in the next screen navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- In case, the phone does not go past the boot screen, follow Step 1-3 again. That should solve the issue.
Some Know Issues:
- Lockscreen occasionally does not react to touch
- Formatting external sd formats internal
- Facebook sync pictures are low resolution
**PLEASE NOTE THAT TRYING TO FORMAT THE EXTERNAL SD CARD WILL NOT FORMAT IT BUT INSTEAD IT WILL FORMAT THE INTERNAL MEMORY CARD**
If you have actually read and tried all these instructions and are still stuck PLEASE POST YOUR PROBLEMS IN IN THE COMMENTS SECTION AND THEY WILL GET ADDRESSED ASAP.