XDA Developer nasif619 is back with one more update for the ROM Dark Knight. This ROM originally made for the Nexus S has been ported to the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 (International). The ROM is based on the Android Ice Cream Sandwich v 4.0.4. The main features of the ROM are:
- Engine: Android 4.0.4 release Nasif modified, changed, improved
- Very Fast System0.
- Fat-Free ROM
- Zoom on camera
- Full init.d Support
- Touch to focus
- Voodoo Colour
- Notification widgets
- Insert Busybox
- Tweaks in Build.prop
- Best battery life [NO Android OS BUG]
- WiFi Tethering
- HD 720p Video recording
- GPS tweaks.
- Add free rom.
- Necessary app installed on your data partition.
- Full USB transfer speed.
- WiFi bug fix
- Data bug fix
- Play store Fix
- No more Reboot on downloading app
- latest devil Kernel
- Advanced Edify Script
- New Script To speed UP
- 125 mb free memory
- Removed some app
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROM IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S GT I9000 (INTERNATIONAL) ONLY!!
To install this ROM, some pre-requisites to be followed are:
- Taking the back-up: You can take the back up of only the apps using Astro File Manager or Titanium Backup (Root Users) which are freely available in the android market.
- Also, to take up the backup of sms and call logs you may use SMS Backup+ which again is freely available in android market. It syncs your call logs and sms as labels to your gmail account.
- Root users can make a nandroid backup using the Clockworkmod Recovery App.
Now, for the Installation of Dark Knight 4.0.4, the following downloads must be made and copied to the root folder of the phone:
—Make sure the the device has 100% battery so that, there aren’t any problems during the flashing—
To avoid any flashing problems, I would recommend you to be on Android 2.3.6 or CM7.1 or DK itself.
Now, to flash this ROM, it is necessary that your current ROM is a rooted one. If not, then please head here to install Android 2.3.6 and root it from here. Then, you may continue installing Dark Knight 4.0.4 by doing the following: To enter into recovery mode one needs to press the three button combo:
- Get into Recovery Mode
- Clean Cache and do Factory reset by selecting the wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition options. Also, get into the advanced section and use the Wipe Dalvik Cache too.
- Install ROM from sdcard. For this enter into the recovery, move to install zip from sdcard using the Volume Up/Down Keys, and click on the Home key to enter. Then select choose zip from sdcard and in the next screen navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Once this is done, boot into the new ROM, go to Rom control/Start-up Tweaks. Allow superuser Permission. Then Install the fix FIX Startup Init.d.zip.
WARNING: THIS ROM IS IN ITS DEVELOPMENT STAGE AND MAY NOT BE FULLY FUNCTIONAL. SO THERE ARE ALL THE CHANCES OF HAVING INSTANCES WHEN WIFI/DATA DOESN’T WORK. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS ISSUE FIRST AND THEN INSTALL THE ROM.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT TRYING TO FORMAT THE EXTERNAL SD CARD WILL NOT FORMAT IT BUT INSTEAD IT WILL FORMAT THE INTERNAL MEMORY CARD**
If you have actually read and tried all these instructions and are still stuck PLEASE POST YOUR PROBLEMS IN IN THE COMMENTS SECTION AND THEY WILL GET ADDRESSED ASAP.