Gone are the days when people were anxiously waiting for the first port to Ice Cream Sandwich for none other than the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000, for which Samsung denied further ROM development. But now, here we are with first “apparently” stable Jelly Bean port! \o/
This port has been developed by a team led by Mkalter, Capez and Ali1276. The port is better known as TAJB. Now, since this ROM is in development stage, we cannot expect everything to be working flawlessly! Also, I’m posting this one for those who have tried out installing and using the custom ROMs before and those, daring to make it their first! 😉
The ROM has already been here for a few days now and has reached the version 5 of the release, hence with many of the basic bugs fixed, it is the right time to experience Jelly Bean!! So here’s the list of features that the developers have got up and working:
- Internal/External SD
- HW Video Acc
- Data 2G/3G
- Google Now
What’s NOT Working:
- Mounting SD Card to PC
- Google Ears
- and some more bugs…
So, those still willing to try out this wonderful ROM go on read further… but do keep in mind as of now, this ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S GI I9000 (International).
To install this ROM, some pre-requisites to be followed are:
- Taking the back-up: You can take the back up of only the apps using Astro File Manager or Titanium Backup (Root Users) which are freely available in the android market.
- Also, to take up the backup of sms and call logs you may use SMS Backup+ which again is freely available in android market. It syncs your call logs and sms as labels to your gmail account.
- Root users can make a nandroid backup using the Clockworkmod Recovery App.
- Download the package to flashed: JellyBean-MK-TAJB-V5.zip
- Copy the package to the internal memory (Internal sd card not the removable one) of the Phone
—Make sure the the device has 100% battery so that, there aren’t any problems during the flashing—
To avoid any flashing problems, I would recommend you to be on Stock Android 2.3.6 or CM7 or CM9 or any ICS AOSP or AOKP ROMs. (Those who have never heard these terms before, don’t panic! They are just a bunch of custom ROMs, like the one you are about to install) Now, to flash this ROM, it is necessary that your current ROM is a rooted one. If not, then please head here to install Android 2.3.6 and root it from here. Then, you may continue installing the Jelly Bean port by TAJB.
To enter into recovery mode one needs to press the three button combo:
- Get into Recovery Mode
- Clean Cache and do Factory reset by selecting the wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition options. Also, get into the advanced section and use the Wipe Dalvik Cache too.
- Install ROM from sdcard. For this enter into the recovery, move to install zip from sdcard using the Volume Up/Down Keys, and click on the Home key to enter. Then select choose zip from sdcard and in the next screen navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- Once the installation is done. enter into the recovery again before booting into the ROM and execute the Step 2 again i.e. wipe all the cache, etc…
- Next, again go to the advanced section and select fix permission.
- Once, that is done, reboot/restart the phone and voila! You now have Team Android Jelly Bean (TAJB) Port!!
P.S. Screenshots coming real soon!